Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A Christmas Miracle

Happy New Year!

As this beautiful 2016 year kicks off I’d like to take a moment to reflect on a Christmas miracle from this past season. 

Once Upon A Saturday my family and I were setting up our Christmas tree and pulling out the boxes of decorations. The artificial evergreen was waiting for ornaments and in true Christmas tradition the boxes were somewhat misplaced in the garage...somewhere...

I was standing on a small ladder and AHA! there they were. I knew there were four boxes to be found and lo and behold- four boxes. However, tucked behind the four boxes was another box. It didn’t have any writing on it, nothing special about it but for some reason I felt like I should bring that extra box in. 


I didn’t know what would be in it, but I figured it’d be fun to find out. As I brought in the box my mom asked what I had found. When we opened the box we didn’t find a nativity scene, or ornaments, or stockings. 

Instead we found a lost treasure.


Inside the box was a cache of photos and records and information. There were legal documents my mother had collected and gathered years ago when she had first begun researching her family history. For many years we had all thought these pictures and papers were lost. 


In a sudden twist of fate a Christmas miracle occurred. We had started off looking to get ready for the greatest time of year and instead we were given another opportunity to connect with our family. 
It seems that it was meant to be a family reunion kind of a Christmas. 


As 2016 begins I hope we all have more opportunities to find our family, and include family history in our resolutions. 


Happy Hunting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment